YCD are on the look for 4 Kaimahi Rangatahi/youth workers.
As a Kaimahi Rangatahi/Youth Worker at YCD (Youth and Cultural Development). Our mission is to guide and Tautoko Taiohi/young people on a journey of self-discovery, where they can develop their strengths, and ultimately reach their full potential.
Youth Support and Development:
- Provide one-on-one or group support to taiohi, utilizing Strengths based approach and the principles of Te Whare Tapa Wha model.
- Empower Taiohi to identify and nurture their strengths.
- Support Taiohi to build, strengthen and maintain connections with whānau, hapu, iwi and broader network of supportive adults.
- Facilitate opportunities for Taiohi to develop positive peer networks.
- Respond to Taiohi’s immediate needs in a crisis and escalate to appropriate supports / services where required.
Cultural Sensitivity and Inclusivity:
- Embrace and honour the identity and heritage of Taiohi we are working with.
- Create an inclusive environment where all Taiohi feel a deep sense of belonging and connection.
- A commitment to Te Tiriti and collaborate with Taiohi, Kaumatua, Whanau, Hapu and Iwi to ensure culturally appropriate support.
Member of Rerenga Nga Awa:
- Actively participate in Rerenga Nga Awa, Youth Workers Collective,
- Attend collective meetings, workshops, and training sessions to remain informed about best practices in youth work.
- Collaborate with fellow youth workers to address common challenges and share resources.
Qualifications and Skills for the role:
- A relevant degree or qualification in youth work, social work, or a related field.
- Profound cultural competency and an understanding of Te Tiriti, Kaupapa Māori principles and the Te Whare Tapa Wha model.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, with a proven ability to establish trust and rapport with Taiohi.
- A passion for guiding and supporting Taiohi on their journey.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Have Sound Health
- A clean full driver’s license
- Pass Ministry and police checks.
- a current first aid certificate
If you think you fit the above and are passionate about making a difference, please send through your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
BACK INTO BUSINESS
As we come back into the new year we are pumped to be able to bring you more FRESH events to the community.
HOUSE OF HOOPS presented by Christchurch City Council and YCD.